As the world of business evolves, modern companies need to adapt accordingly. Most business owners understand the value in having a website in today’s digital world. However, many companies do not recognize the value in keeping their website updated. Avatar New York suggests five ways to tell if it’s time for your website to get a remodel:
1. Outdated copyright. If you scroll down to the bottom of your website, there should be a copyright notice along with the year it expires. This is what assures your viewers that your business is up-to-date, so make sure to renew copyrights and update your website each year.
2. Hyperactive theme. The days of wild, mismatching colors and a different font for every line of text are long gone. Opt instead for a sleek, modern style that is cohesive with the professional message you want to convey to your target audience.
3. Feedback. No one knows the performance of your site better than the people who are trying to use it. Be sure to pay mind to online reviews and consider the feedback you receive from fans and clients. If they say that they were unable to find your contact information or that your page didn’t load correctly, it’s definitely time for an upgrade.
4. Lack of mobile functionality. If your website is unable to load on a smartphone or tablet, you’ve lost at least 25% of your customers in the blink of an eye. According to a study performed by Google this past year, more internet-users search the web via smartphone than users that utilize a desktop or laptop to search in more than 10 different countries (including the US).
5. Social media. In this day and age, a majority of businesses maintain a presence on social media. Your website should include links to your various social media accounts in order to optimize traffic and allow page visitors to flip back and forth between platforms.
If you are interested in exploring an update of your website, contact Avatar New York today.
Avatar New York is an innovating, award-winning web design New York firm dedicated to providing clients with responsive websites that help grow brands and convert visitors to customers. With an expertise in web development, branding, cloud hosting, mobile app development, and CMS and e-commerce solutions.